Printer System Error Layer 1

Support for Up! Plus. To report a bug, post with a title [BUG REPORT]. To request a feature, post with a title [FEATURE REQUEST]

Printer System Error Layer 1

Postby justin_oto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 am

Hi,
Our printer has stopped working and now gives error message ‘Printer System Error Layer 1’
I get the exact same symptoms as mentioned in the forum here: http://pp3dp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=764

We’ve tried:
Powering down and up the printer (including overnight)
Disconnecting/reconnecting the printer USB connection
Reinstalling printer driver

Model: UP! Plus
ROM: V6.041
Firmware: V2.00
Software: UP! 1.18

Any other ideas, or is it likely to be CPU board?
Price for the CPU board is almost the same as for a new printer :shock:
justin_oto

Re: Printer System Error Layer 1

Postby wackojacko » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm

If you can start a print and then once spooled switch over to the UP inspector software and screen shot the result here, that might give us more information.
Bruce
http://www.3DPrintingSystems.com UP 3D Printers Australia and New Zealand - Join us for a chat on Google Plus https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/115141085596429310824/115141085596429310824
wackojacko

Postby amarler » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:16 pm

i also have this message.

I'm trying to set the printer up so havent used the printer at all yet.

it appeared after i solved the driver issue

any help on what i can do as i can't follow the next part of the manual???
amarler

Postby threeblues101 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:45 am

I had this same issue, and was pretty upset seeing people posting they changed the CPU and it fixed the problem (1,400 CPU Price)..
My printer started printing a little offset from the raft and the actual part were not lining up anymore. I stopped a print because of this. Reloaded the program and it gave me this error when linked "error layer 1" and would not properly initialize. I moved the print head a bit and noticed it felt a little loose in its linear motion. Pushed it to the home position than it properly finished initializing. I opened it up and found the drive belt came off the motor gear, re-set the belt and gear, wahllahh .. Back to normal..
threeblues101

Postby threeblues101 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:50 pm

I had this same issue, and was pretty upset seeing people posting they changed the CPU and it fixed the problem (1,400 CPU Price)..
My printer started printing a little offset from the raft and the actual part were not lining up anymore. I stopped a print because of this. Reloaded the program and it gave me this error when linked "error layer 1" and would not properly initialize. I moved the print head a bit and noticed it felt a little loose in its linear motion. Pushed it to the home position than it properly finished initializing. I opened it up and found the drive belt came off the motor gear, re-set the belt and gear, wahllahh .. Back to normal..[/quote]
threeblues101

Postby ismails » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:40 am

following of its error functions a handle to a printer to identify the desired Printer. it is handle to obtained from the Open Printer function.
ismails

Return to Up! Plus