so i thought ide create a build log this time, it will be my first attempt at one of these mainly because there isnt any instructions on this build, so i thought it might help some people out! p.s apologizes for my piss poor grammar and spelling.
i have a bit of experience in larger builds but not in making build logs here is what ive done so farhttp://imgur.com/25oyfgh
so first issue i have is my work only has the UP! mini but never fear our sister store in MT isa has the plus! so i had to our source the only part witch can not be printed on the mini (Front_fan_blades.stl) but all other parts can be printed on the mini.
second issue i came across was for some reason i was have the parts lifting and the fan blades where contacting the extrudeder head or no support materiel was getting printed under some parts are all. i did preheat the panal and i made sure the platform was calibrated but still had the issue.http://imgur.com/lrN6Qw9 http://imgur.com/Ko46ZjWhttp://imgur.com/BuXM3nS
so i made a phone call and was told i had to change the support materiel angle higher to allow it to print under the blades that where sticking out and that seemed to sort the issue.http://imgur.com/maYFWmO http://imgur.com/BazZLRE
so over the corse of the last 2 days ive managed to print all but the main fan and today ive started on the casing! http://imgur.com/S63P8TT
feck..... so i was printing off peaces of the housing and i found this...
so i printed rear_housing.stl and rear_housing_bearingcap.stlhttp://imgur.com/8PFrP3Thttp://imgur.com/iUaVpnX
and i found this...http://imgur.com/bSDjr4Q
then i made sure im not retarded and the cad is actulie incorrecthttp://imgur.com/c65YCTW
i dont think it will matter because its just the hole for the shaft, the outer diameter for the bearing looks ok i think all ill need it a little bit of super glue
todays progress is i managed to finish printing the rest of the pain housing http://imgur.com/G5J2A9D
and tits ahh i mean front and rear nose coneshttp://imgur.com/41CHWJg
then it was assembly time i was luckey that i didnt get much flex when i printed it so i was able to clamp it to the bench with some super glue and it came out really good http://imgur.com/fWCxZcXhttp://imgur.com/1DdGBdr
just waiting for the outer cowling witch is printing as we speak and the front fan to arrive from mt isa then i can get the bearings and shaft and start final assembly!
last updated 6/9/13